House internship application now open
Indiana House Republicans are now accepting internship applications for the 2019 legislative session, which begins in January.
The House Republican Internship Program is a unique opportunity to participate in state government and gain valuable hands-on experience.
The paid program at the Indiana Statehouse takes place during the spring semester and gives students the chance to work one-on-one with state legislators. Interns will see firsthand how laws are made, gain important skills for the workforce and have opportunities to network.
Internship positions are open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors, graduate students and recent graduates of all majors. Students can apply for internships in a variety of areas, focusing on legislative, communications and media relations, policy or fiscal policy.
Students can also earn academic credit through their college or university. More information about the internship program and the application process can be found at www.indianahouserepublicans.com/internship.
Undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors; recent college graduates; graduate and law school students are eligible to apply for internships. All majors are welcome to apply – no previous political or government experience is required. Top applicants will demonstrate strong writing and interpersonal skills, project a positive attitude and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interns are paired with a member of the House Republican Staff to work directly with an assigned group of state representatives.
- This is a PAID internship. Interns earn a $750 bi-weekly compensation.
- Interns may be eligible for academic credit through their college or university.
- Scholarship opportunities are also available.
- Numerous networking opportunities with state legislators, state agencies, and private sector organizations.
- Participation in a weekly speaker series featuring Indiana political leaders.
- Free parking in downtown Indianapolis across from the Statehouse is provided.