Canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
Our first group training in our new room will be “Publishing your organization’s website with WordPress”. It will be two three-hour sessions, held on separate days, with a week in between to allow you to get started. The exact date will be determined in accordance with the participant’s schedules.
Intended for: 501(c)(3) Organizations who need a web site they can control themselves
Cost: FREE, $5 donation suggested. Costs of domains and hosting varies — please see below
Date: October 5 & 12, 2012 (9:00-12:00) — may change to get best fit for the schedules of those attending
Location: the Community Room on the Abundant Life campus, 3301 E Coliseum Blvd, Room 134, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, or via Skype to “Kubulai”
Contact: John Nash, firstname.lastname@example.org, 260.432.0014 x128
Bring your laptop or wireless device to join us in the Community Room: we have only six workstations available in the adjacent computer hallway and you will be more comfortable in the Community Room with your Cup ‘o Joe or soda at a comfortable table.
- You must be able to work your wireless device or computer.
- You must be able to use your Internet browser.
- You must have a domain name and hosting set up with WordPress installed. We will do this at the start of class for those who do not already have it.
- Each organization is responsible for their own domain and web hosting costs: we are providing training: we are not providing free websites at our expense.
- You must be in class on time. Food and beverages are permitted, within reason. Donuts for the class is a good move. The instructor likes custard filled donuts…
Experimentally, you may attend via Skype. Connect to “Kubulai”
Note: You may have your own site set up before hand — just know your WordPress and FTP logins so we can work together in class. Those who are not already set up we will guide through set up using the GoDaddy.com service. The cost of a typical domain name is about $10. The cost of web hosting is typically less than $15 per month. GoDaddy does not pay us for this, they are just easy to use and using one vendor simplifies the situation for us trying to teach a group. Each organization is responsible for their own domain and web hosting costs: we are not giving away free websites at our expense.